Ever hear that song? I can't remember who sings it but it's a good one.. Here's a funny email I received today, had a chuckle. (Sorry it's small, I couldn't download it any larger).
Yes, Helen Hunt and I really are twins. She just doesn't know it.
Welcome to Psych City
Hello & Welcome...
I'm an aspiring writer with a full time job as a psychotherapist and mother of two tow-head elementary school kids. Did I forget to mention I am also full time employed as Chief Cook and Laundry Engineer? Although these roles leave me scant moments to write, I steal them when I can in hopes that 20 years from now I will have an archive to draw from. However, I submit and submit just in case someone wants me sooner.
I work at an inpatient psychiatric facility which often serves as both inspiration and fortitude in my journey as a writer. I also have a private practice where I see less severely suicidal or psychotic patients - more towards the functionally neurotic group in which most of us fall. In either setting, I am never ceased to be amazed at the willingness to start fresh in the face of pain, the resilience of people and the place that we all come from - love.
And so here we are in my blog at PsychCity, USA, where I hope we can create a forum to find our creative spirit and kick start our writing pens, or just plain let off some steam.
4 comments:
hee hee hee!
I hadn't heard that one before. Great photo, too.
Some things are worth the extra cost!
But they'll always have Paris . . .
Bew-di-ful ;)
Post a Comment