Check out Bone's Awesome Writer prompt 3WordWednesday....(on my blog roll - I can't figure out how to link on my mom's computer..did I mention I hate windows? <---Mac Lover)
I'm still out of town, but here's my entry. I'll have to check out everyone's when I get back...
His pockets were close to empty and his hands covered in grease. But on the way home from a hard day's work, he saw the glass ring in a window shop. It was on sale, and close to the right price. He bought it on impulse, carefully wrapping it in a box. He'd clean himself up on Sunday, wear his suit maybe and take her for a meal. Not just the local diner but a nice place - Howard Johnson's where she could order pepper steak.
Pride kept him from asking her the question that burned in his heart. When things were better and he had a real diamond to present, he would do it then. For now, the ring was a token, if not a promise for the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This is wonderful.
hey there's a little gift awaiting you at my site, hope you will like it...did i mention this already>?
AW - Thanks!
Ul- You are so sweet. Thank you, Thank you!
Post a Comment