Thursday, March 20, 2008

I'm off!

See you all soon - I'm off to Boston early in the morning. It's my 2nd trip since the big "D" - my parents decided to dissolve their marriage just when I had settled into mine. Go figure. Now Dad's remarried, Mom's bitter. They're not speaking to each other. This after 40 years of marriage. Try telling 2 kids they can't mention the other grandparent's name in their presence. Now I am figuring out how to stay out of it and divide the time without guilt (that word again!)

Other than that, we can't wait to see the place, see our loved ones and visit my old haunts.

Happy Spring!

5 comments:

The Anti-Wife said...

Child of bitterly divorced parents here. Rotten situation. I feel for you.

Stephen Parrish said...

Take your time. Enjoy yourself. We'll water the blog while you're gone.

Travis Erwin said...

Good luck. My parents have been divorced for twenty years and things are no better today than they were then so I feel your pain.

Chris Eldin said...

Not a good situation for anyone. Sorry.


LOL at Stephen's willingness to take care of your blog.

Hmmm...What will he talk about?

WriterKat said...

Thanks anti-wife & travis, it's unfortunate but comforting to have people that understand.

Stephen, you remind me of my cyber chea-pet that I have sadly neglected in my absense. :-)

Chris, a good question..he might have to revert to politics...