I've been busier than a one-armed paper hanger. How I hate that statement. It's right along with my mother's other fav, "Always something to keep the rabbit's tail short." Which leads my thoughts to how she woke me up every morning singing in her quasi-opera voice "Morning has broken like the first morning; Blackbird has spoken like the first bird. Praise for the singing! Praise for the morning! Praise for them springing fresh from the Word!" (a religious Gaelic diddy). (You can't begin to imagine how totally annoying this was).
Oh well, when I'm busy, I go straight to bitterness of my mother, as if it is her fault. Sorry Mom. I seriously hope my children aren't irked and blaming of me, but most likely........
Anyway, that's why I haven't been around visiting too much. But hopefully I'll have a day off soon and can be bloggy again.
Addendum:
I just googled this song, if Cat Stevens had woken me up, it might have been much gentler: Cat
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That's one of the few "made easy for guitar" songs I can actually almost play correctly.
I totally get the busy-ness thing. But, unlike you, I don't go straight to bitterness of your mother. Though now that you mention it, maybe it is her fault after all.
Well, little miss headshrink, maybe should get a job at a PAtient psychiatric facility instead of an IMpatient psychiatric facility. I mean, how easy can it be working at a place where you slap your clients upside the head and yell, "Hurry up and get better, dammit!"
Oh, wait a minute. You work at an INpatient facility, not an IMpatient one. Sorry. Don't mind me.
You guys are funny! I do think Freud was right on. I mean we have to blame someone don't we?
As for IMpatient facility, I love that. I actually told a co-worker that I am setting up an order called "St Anne's order of Perpetual Non-Empathy." This will be for all the drug addicts that lie constantly to my face and expect compassion and patience." :-)
A slap on the head...hmm, tempting...
pjd - cool deal. Can you play any other songs? I've never been a musical being so I love hearing about other people's abilities.
I happen to pull out my guitar twice a year or so now, but I find there are still some songs I can strum. American Pie. Some Eagles tunes. Everything I play is dumbed down, though. If it isn't "made easy for guitar," then I can't play it. And strictly rhythm; I can't pick a melody to save my life.
As a kid, my instrument was drum. Not a drum set, mind you; I was a snare drummer in a fife & drum corps (and pretty good at it). I'd probably still be doing that today if there were any corps within a reasonable distance. It was always a lot of fun.
It's never too late to try your hand at something! Piano's a good place to start if you've never learned music theory basics because it's linear in how the notes are played.
You should be grateful Stephen's not one of your patients. Just ponder that for a while.
AW, You've got a point there. :-)
pjd, one of these days I'll try my hand. Maybe my kids will go for it and I can hop on the bus. I love American Pie, my brother used to sing that all the time.
Post a Comment