Wednesday, May 7, 2008

3WW - writer prompt - human.cautious.maybe

Check out 3WW for this week's writer prompt. Thanks to Bone for another great week!

Hub:
I could never speak up to him — towering over me with his crashing fists. Maybe I am a coward. Or maybe it was simply human to be so cautious.

Me:
Clouds couldn’t help but be cautious, she just a kitten from the wild, him a huge big thing called human. Maybe he could hurt her, or maybe he would offer her a saucer of milk and a place to snuggle. It was too hard to tell. In the end, she fell asleep on the grass, and woke up to find herself in a warm place and soft arms that became home.

7 comments:

Gemma Mira Wiseman aka Pamela Adams said...

What a gorgeous "2 way mirror"!

Gemma

TC said...

Hub: I don't think it's ever too cautious to be fearful of those fists.

WK: I've always wanted to write a story from the POV of an animal and never gotten it done... so cute!

WriterKat said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hub is so noir and your almost Don Marquis--almost as you use punctuation--really adorable

WriterKat said...

Thanks Pia, you had me a good laugh. :-)

Bone said...

Enjoyed them both. Quite a contrast.

I often wonder what kittens think. Now I know :)

LA Nickers said...

That's dear.

Blessings,
Linda
Nickers and Ink

SIMPLY SNICKERS – weekly poetry prompts