Monday, April 28, 2008

Politics Shmolotics




Am I the only one whose getting sick of this presidential race for the D. Ticket? It's somewhat fascinating but more getting really old. Even I, as Hill's supporter, am starting to wonder if we should just throw in the old towel. Desperate does not wear well on a woman. Let the fight continue when Chelsea's old enough.... What y'all thinking?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've written something I've heard a lot lately. It scares me. We need Obama or Clinton in office. I actually kind of like McCain, but he's not strong enough to handle our current political climate. But I'm afraid people will vote for him just because he's the "fresh new face."

As for desperate not wearing well on a woman - Senator Clinton would not have to fight so hard if she were a man. She's breaking new ground, and getting beaten up for it. I'm not sure she's the best candidate, and I don't agree with all she's proposing, but I admire the hell out of her.

PJD said...

Considering McCain is 75 years old and ran in the 2000 election against Bush, I find it really funny he might be considered the "fresh new face." I understand what you're getting at, but still.

I have stopped paying attention to the Clinton/Obama dust-up. One of them will get the party's nomination, and I will vote for whichever does. Both face serious challenges--Hillary for not being male, and Barack for not being white. Both are real, unimagined biases, and it's sad in this country that's still the case.

What scares me is the number of women who say that if Obama wins, they will stay home and not even vote. I've heard similar threats from the Obama camp, but less so.

WriterKat said...

I admire Hillary as well, although she's wearing on me with her constant jabs & fibs - playing dirty, pulling things out every chance she gets. She needs to chill a little bit, I know she's fighting to win, but I think it's biting her in the behind.

One way or the other, I hope a Democrat wins the election - it bothers me that people say they will convert to Republican if so-&-so doesn't get the Democratic nomination. That actually is so sad. It's about principle & skill hopefully more than personality.

That is very disturbing to think that people just aren't going to vote. We have to come together to win. It feels like there isn't much time left to fight for the Democrats. All this time fighting against each other, no one's even mentioning McCain. I'm sure he's happy to be an onlooker - he can run around collecting his own votes while they dig themselves into 2 big holes.

Anonymous said...

no, kat, you're the only one who is sick of the endless slog known as the democratic primary.

it's sad that the general consensus was "well if clinton (or obama) doesn't get the nomination, i'll be perfectly happy with obama (or clinton). anybody but bush and that mccain retread."

and now it's nothing more than a giant, pathetic catfight. i'm sick of hilary's win-at-all-costs nastiness posing as toughness, as well as obama's haughtiness (and i voted for the guy).

just finish the damn thing.

TC said...

I roll my eyes every time I hear/read more about the two of them. I'm sick of it.

Erica Orloff said...

Well, I'm an Obama woman, so I would like very much to be moving toward the real race--beating McCain. That said, I do like Hillary too, and would vote for her.

But it's sad that this country is ONLY a two-party system and we just want to narrow it to two candidates ASAP . . . and that there's no room for other voices. If only for the dialogue, I'm not in a rush . . . but for the realities of American politics, let's move along.
E

The Anti-Wife said...

Is it November yet? Please!!!!!

Robin said...

Writerkat,
I'm happy with the race, because it makes it easy to play "F-, Marry, or Kill". I would kill McCain, marry Hilary, and f- Obama. No extra thinking necessary.
I'm not into the "win at all cost" mentality. You might win the race but lose the whole point, not to mention your soul, while you're doing it. That being said, I don't think it's gotten as nasty as years past. Maybe that's because, as you say, McCain can afford to sit back and let the others fight it out.
If I were running for president, I'd use it as an opportunity to practice my stand up. It would be a way more entertaining race.

WriterKat said...

Bookfraud: Cat fight is the word!

tc: thanks for tolerating my ghost story :-) & I'm glad I'm not the only one sick of things (although per BookFraud I am.. NOT.. :-)

Erica: If there were another party, what would you call it and whose voice would you want? Enquiring minds...

AW: I'm ready for January when BS Bush will be out and whomever can be in and we'll all move forward with SNL impersonations and life.

Robin: You say a lot in your F-M-K statement. Who needs a presidential podium, I think you need to come down to LA and start your stand-up right now! :-)

Polly Kahl said...

I agree the madness must end. We know all we need to know about both of them. Anything else is just redundant, and the sleazy attacks that come out as we near November are very distasteful. I'll be happy when Dec rolls around and the whole thing is over with. Or, I'll be happy when Dec comes, IF McCain doesn't win.