Wednesday, January 23, 2008
How Far We've Come
Susan B would be proud. Women have rights, opportunity, wisdom like never before. So why in down pouring rain, two women in a parking lot with two kids each, slam into each other's steel bumpers and have no idea what to do next. And so, we exchange names and numbers of our husbands to sort it all out. Why?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh man. there is so much material here.....
Hope things turned out okay.
Men are for menial chores. That's how God made them. It says so in the Bible, Torah, Quran, and other major religious texts.
Cause you're smart enough to pass the minor crises on to others and only handle the major ones yourself.
You ladies are hilarious and absolutely correct. :-)
Now, wait a minute . . .
It's called delegation! You can delegate laundry too. Or searching for missing socks. It's all good!
Stephen, say it isn't so?
Thanks Word, I like that. Delegation.. my husband says it a pain in his butt.
I wish I could delegate the laundry but I'm far too controlling for that. I like my whites white and my red red if you know what I mean. ;-)
I like my whites white and my red red if you know what I mean.
Men learn early on to screw up the laundry so badly they'll never be asked to do it again. In fact, we've mastered this so well, we aren't even asked a first time anymore; women just assume men can't do it.
The one and only time in my life I did laundry I threw everything in, regardless of fabric or color, and packed the machine SO TIGHT that when I pulled the clothes back out afterwards, some of them hadn't even gotten wet.
Women look at behavior like that and call it stupid. Men look at it and think, "Tee hee hee."
That's funny! I guess the jokes on us since we end up doing the laundry. ;-)
My BIL had a laundry experience where he "soaked" his shirt in a bottle of bleach to get it white. After several hours he came back to rag strips, the bleach ate the shirt away.
Post a Comment