Wednesday, April 16, 2008

3WW - writer prompt - visible.touching.stage

Check out this week's 3WW by Bone & Pia. Give it a try...

hub:

Her diagnosis came out of the blue. It stunned us, turning our world upside down in a second, touching every aspect of our lives. Diane absolutely had no visible symptoms. So when her doctor broke the news to us that she had stage 4-B ovarian cancer, we were at a loss. I just sat there speechless while tears streamed down Diane’s face.


me:

a note to suicide

Joker is wild
touching death
by the show of hand,
only visible
in mortality.
The soul remaining
in eternal stage.
You got me -
And what was your point?

14 comments:

L said...

hmmm, very interesting

TC said...

Hub:

I really hope that's fiction.

WK:

Loved the last question... something I've wanted to ask people who have committed suicide a few times. What was the point? For us to notice? To hurt the people you love? What?

Anonymous said...

I'm sadden by the first one, the poem's almost like a sequel to the fiction, at least I like to think of it as fiction

Anonymous said...

I too fail to understand the point each time..

green-eyed monster

anthonynorth said...

A soul-searching work. I suppose suicides want oblivion - something as pointless as the act.

PJD said...

I have had some permutation of hub's experience twice now in three years. I hope it is fiction.

Kat, I have to admit I don't fully understand what you've written. I'm probably the only one, though. I feel slow and dense this morning.

The Anti-Wife said...

Dark. Dark. Dark. You two need a trip to Disneyland!

Tumblewords: said...

Interesting work. I will assume it's fiction and that makes it much more enjoyable! Hubs is shocking, startling and surely deadly. Me is questioning something for which there are no answers. Both very readable with tones of depth...

WriterKat said...

Thanks!
Yes, hub's is fiction fortunately.

Mine I think is a note to people who attempt suicide or to suicide itself. It a game where there are no winners. Pointless. And those who live to tell about it, after the act, don't even know why they did it. Half the time they pretend that they didn't really try.

WriterKat said...

Anti-wife, I just re-read your response and had myself a laugh. Are you mousing me?? Don't give me a reason to go find Mickey. I'll do it. :-)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the words seem to point us towards the darker side of life. You probably have experience of people who have committed suicide. I wonder how many of them really want oblivion.

Gemma Mira Wiseman aka Pamela Adams said...

Especially liked the spin out on "the joker is wild".

Quite an intriguing but disturbing write.

Gemma

Anonymous said...

Very interesting and intuitive writing!

WriterKat said...

Thank you!